7.31.2006

Sore

Ok. Some soreness was expected, and I am comfortable that. I am still well within my limits, so it’s time to ratchet things up a bit. After the jog on day 2, it became obvious that I need to stick to the bike a lot more, at least at the beginning. Jogging is much more high-impact, and I want to get my muscles through this ‘start-up’ process without any more stress than necessary. Back to the bike I go.

Instead of plotting a course out this time, I decided to just hit the trail and let my legs tell me when I have gone far enough. About 25 minutes later I found myself staring at the metal-wire buffalos that we have here in Kearney down by the Archway. I turned around a headed home, throwing in a quick ½ mile slow jog at the end to work out the kinks and cool down.

A little research revealed that it was a 9-mile bike ride. 9.5 miles total. I think that I am going to stick with something in this range for a while. My body told me that I was riding that fine line between pushing myself, and injuring myself. I think that I will stick with this kind of distance until the ‘start-up soreness’ ends. I find myself terribly grateful that Kearney put this trail system in a few years back. It is turning out to be a huge blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home