8.04.2006

Milestone #1

This morning marks the first full complete week of the new weight loss campaign, which my friend Kelly christened as the "Wal-Less Campaign". I puttered through 40 miles by bike, 6.75 by foot, and coupled with a bit of lifting, burned a bit over 3400 calories. Add that with a stricter watch over types and quantities of food, and I am feeling rather optimistic. A good start its exactly what I needed.

I have decided to put the bike and running shoes away for a day and replace them with some lifting. I enjoy heavy lifting, the kind intended for size, but I am going to have to set that aside for now. The goal here is to burn calories, so I am going to replace the heavy lifting with some calisthenics (light weight and high reps). My legs have earned the right to rest for a day, not to mention my butt. Until this last week, I had not been on my bike for nearly a year. Though I did purchase a very nice seat for my bike a while back, I still feel a lot like Andy Dufresne must have felt during his first year in prison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home