8.21.2006

*sniff*sniff*

No exercise at all for 2 days now. I have a cold of sorts that's making my head feel like it’s going to explode. I have some amazing sinus pressure going on. I broke my nose a few times when I was younger and never had it set properly, so whenever I get a cold it makes my eyes feel like they are going to explode and my brain run out of my eye sockets.

I really stressed the first few weeks about not wanting to miss any days. No matter how hard you try, life throws things at you that just get in the way. Sometimes it’s just a busy day and you can’t make the time, sometimes it’s a cold. I have had both slow me down now. There is something to be said for rest days though. I have noticed on several occasions that I am able to ride with a renewed vigor after a day off. I have wanted to start a schedule and do specific exercises on specific days, and even plan in the rest days. The problem is that I have to adjust what I do based on what is going on that day. Plans change constantly, and so does the exercise routine. The good news is that I don’t feel bad about taking a rest day. I have seen some progress in my weight loss, and I have seen the benefit to resting your muscles. I initially turned my nose up at all the articles that said you need to take rest days every 3 or 4 days. I thought that I would get out of the flow and not start up again. I trust myself a bit more now. I want to stay aggressive though. I want to beat the 10 month deadline.

I think I might load up on some Sudafed and Tylenol and try to ride again today. I feel marginally better, and I don’t want to sit around for too long waiting for this to pass. I’ll just have to stuff a few tissues into my pockets before I leave.

1 Comments:

At 8/27/2006 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should change the top flickr link to point to your own flickr page, but leave the text as is. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home