8.14.2006

New Classification

I was at the library this weekend getting a few new books and decided to take a look at the magazines. I do this from time to time, just for kicks. Anyway, I decided to borrow a copy of Runners World. I have been having problems with skin-splints, and a few other things after I jog, and thought I might find some helpful information in there. Mostly I did it just for the fun of reading something different. You never know when you are going to stumble across some useful information.

I was reading a particularly interesting article on how to setup a training routine, which is right up my alley. There was a special section of the article dedicated to runners over 200 lbs. With me being 240, I was reading rather intently. There were all kinds of useful tips on how to avoid injury and how to pace yourself, you know, because you are so heavy. That was all well and good. The part that got me was the special name they use for runners over 200 lbs. They call them Clydesdale Runners. Seriously. Ouch.

Clydesdale Runner.

Gives a whole new meaning to “pounding the pavement”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home