6.05.2007

Nice Surprise

I love my iPod. I use it every chance that I get. I really want to get into more podcasts, but for now my audio bible and music supply keeps me happy. This, however, is not a post about my iPod specifically. This post is about the audio devices that I have used with my iPod.

I started off using the earbuds that were supplied with the iPod. Bad decision. The reviews are right, the iPod is the premier mp3 player, but the buds are second rate at best. I purchased a decent pair that crapped out fast, and I have been bouncing between spare stuff that is laying around the house ever since... until this last week.

While shuffling through Wal-mart I decided to grab a simple pair of earbuds to use to knock down on the wind noise while riding my bike. It was an impulse buy. I wanted a par now, and I didn't want to shop around. What's the danger in dropping down $20 on a pair of earbuds to get my by until I put the time into a decent pair? There are 6 other people in this house, someone is going to use them. Anyway, I grabbed a pair of JVC earbuds because they fit the bill. No planning, research, or thought behind it. The tag matched my pocket, and the buds fit my ears. I have never had an impulse buy work out so well in the past. I love them.

They are comfortable. They knock out almost all ambient noise. Most importantly, the sound quality is 4x better than the buds apple sent with my iPod. I know that there are a ton of high quality buds out there that would blow these away. For those of you out there like me, that destroy earbuds like toys, have a ton of kids that get their hand on everything, and don;t want to sink $200 on high quality earbuds for a $350 iPod. Give these a try. They are cheap, so you won't cry when they break or end up in the toilet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home