9.02.2006

Long-time-no-see

Sorry for the silence lately. Things have been quite busy. As I am sure you remember, I had a really bad cold. It’s still not totally gone yet, but it’s getting there. On top of all of that, I had 2 job offers materialize out of thin air within a few days of each other. Both looked good, but one required relocation, which the family was not excited about. Anyway, it all worked out for the best, and I accepted one of them. I am starting my second week of my 2-weeks-notice.

Work has been nuts. The moment I turned my notice in they locked me in the training room and have been parading people through for me to train. They have always known that there were a lot of things that only I knew how to do, and despite my repeated warnings and offers to train they never cared… until now. I even had them ask if I would continue to wear my business cell phone for a few months after I leave. Of course, I had to decline.

What does all of this have to do with my weight-loss routine? Quite a bit, actually. I had lost a total of 7 pounds before all of this started a week and a half ago. I have put one of those back on. Bummer. I have been burnt out from work because of the constant attack of meetings and stuff all week. Final budgets are due at the end of September, and they want me to have them as close to done as possible before I leave. My evenings have been spent doing the normal things, but my mind has been preoccupied with the things that I am going to have to do at the new job. Couple that with the cold snap and I totally derailed my exercise routine. Not exercising alone isn’t the worse things in the world. You can actually lose weight by diet alone. That went out the window because I haven’t been sleeping again. When stuff like this goes on, my body just won’t let me sleep. I go to bed about 11 or 12 at night, and I get up at about 2 for about an hour, then again at 6 for work. The whole time I am in bed I toss and turn.

All that said, I still exceeded my weight loss goal for the first month. I was targeting 4 pounds, and I lost 6. Cool. Now I need to get it all going again. Actually, if it were not for the cold, I am sure that the bike rides would have helped me clear my head during all of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home